Creative Solution Building: Interactive Webinar
(16 Psychology CPD Points)
Workshop Duration: 2 Hours per month for 8 months
Place: Online webinar by invitation after registration
Price: R2 900 incl a copy of “Creative Solution Building” book
Presenter: Dr J. von Cziffra-Bergs
The Solution Focused family has grown and expanded over the last five years and a need has arisen to participate and discuss Solution Focused topics on a monthly basis. As we are so busy and our practices have become so full, I have decided to present an online interactive monthly discussion group based on the new book “Creative Solution Building”. Over a period of 8 months, starting in March until October, an online 2 hour webinar will take place on the second Tuesday of each month.
The format of each month’s session will be as follows:
- A short welcome and introduction of the monthly topic which will correlate with a chapter in Creative Solution Building
- An interview with the author of the chapter
- A reflection by Dr Jacqui von Cziffra-Bergs on the topic
- An open discussion forum where participants can ask questions, share experiences and interact with each other
- A short quiz to be answered after the discussion to secure your CPD points
The following topics will be discussed during the course of our online workshop:
|Monthly Discussion||Book Chapter||Psychologist Interview||Webinar Date|
|Solution Building||Chapter 1||Jacqui von Cziffra-Bergs||5 March 2019|
|Solution Focused Therapy with Adults||Chapter 10||Gloria Eracleous||9 April 2019|
|Solution Focused Therapy with Children||Chapter 8||Sami du Sautoy||7 May 2019|
|Solution Focused Therapy with Groups||Chapter 4||Lucy Robinson||4 June 2019|
|Solution Focused Therapy with Teens||Chapter 9||Lenette Kruger||9 July 2019|
|Solution Focused School||Chapter 2||Merritt Watson||6 August 2019|
|Solution Focused Therapy with Students in Crisis||Chapter 7||Melissa Barnaschone||3 September 2019|
|Solution Focused Therapy, more than a Life Skill – a Philosophy of Life||Chapter 15||Thabo Ncube||8 October 2019|
Aims of the Workshop:
- To discuss various Solution Focused topics that are relevant in our work
- To be able to learn more Solution Focused techniques being used in different settings
- To be able to interact with others online
- To be kept up to date with new Solution Focused skills
- To learn more and discuss from the comfort of your home
Outcomes of the Workshop:
The participants will be able to:
- Learn more Solution Focused skills, ideas and creative applications.
- Learn from different clinicians across Southern Africa
- Build a network of like minded practitioners
- Have opportunity to have monthly discussions on Solution Focused Therapy
- Integrate new thoughts, and ideas in their practice
Recommended reading list:
- von Cziffra-Bergs, J 2018: Creative Solution Building. Solution Focused Institute of South Africa: Johannesburg
This online workshop aims to allow the participant the opportunity to learn more about Solution Focused Therapy on a monthly basis; interact and discuss with others online; earn CPD points, all whilst enjoying the comfort of your home or workplace. There are however a few terms and conditions to note:
- After each monthly discussion a short quiz will need to be completed and emailed to Dr von Cziffra-Bergs.
- The accredited 16 CPD points are allocated as a whole, and not per month.
- Your CPD certificate will be emailed to you in October 2019 once all 8 online discussions have been completed.
- If you are unable to attend an online discussion, it will be recorded and you may request to listen to the recording and fill in the quiz to still obtain the CPD points.