The ethics of the Solution Focused Stance: Putting the Best Interest of the Client First.
(5 Ethics Points)
Date: 2 November 2018
Time: 08h30 – 13h30
Place: 4A 12th Ave, Parktown North, Johannesburg
Price: R1 660-00
Includes free copy of my new book: “Creative Solution Building Across Southern Africa”
Presenter: Dr Jacqui von Cziffra-Bergs
The Solution Focused Institute of South Africa has been on an incredible journey of discovery and growth over the last 3 years. Sharing and spreading Solution Focused Therapy across Southern African has amounted to a family of Solution Focused therapists that are using this approach in private practice, communities, organisations, schools and in the medical field. These therapists all practice SFBT in a truly unique South African manner. As Steve de Shazer proclaimed; all Solution Focused Therapists enter therapy with a Solution Focused Stance, a specific mindset and approach to clients and therapy.
This workshop will discuss the research done on establishing a South African Solution Focused stance and how these tenets and principles adhere to and comply with the HPCSA’s ethical code of conduct. The Ethical Code of the Health Professions Council of South Africa stipulates that the best interest of the client is paramount and that therapists make a lifelong commitment to establishing relationships of trust and work with an “overriding dedication to the interests of one’s fellow human beings and society.” Our South African Solution Focused Stance complies with the ethical code of conduct by default and creates a platform for ethical practice.
Aims of the workshop
- Discuss the South African Solution Focused Stance
- Compare the South African Solution Focused Stance to the ethical code of conduct of the HPCSA
- Provide a comprehensive checklist for therapists to keep them ethical and Solution Focused
Outcomes of the workshop
After the completion of the workshop participants should be able to:
- Understand the principles of Solution Focused Therapy
- Implement the ethical principles of a Solution Focused Stance
- Work in an ethical manner that serves the best interest of the client
- Evaluate their ethical conduct through a comprehensive ethics checklist