Webinar: SUICIDE PREVENTION – Solution Focused Brief Therapy Strategies and Ideas to Help Clients Find Hope
(2 CPD Points)
Date: 13 April 2022
Time: 16h00 – 18h00
Online via Zoom: Join us from the convenience of your laptop, cellphone or tablet.
Can’t make it? Register anyway, we will send you a video link of the webinar recording and you still get your CPD points.
CPD Certificate: Complete a short multiple choice Q&A Form to receive your certificate.
Presenter: Dr Jacqui von Cziffra-Bergs
The suicide rate continues to rise due to the economic crisis created by the pandemic. As therapists we are seeing more and more clients that have lost hope and are feeling that they cannot go on.
Working with a client that is suicidal can be very scary for a therapist and we worry about saying the right things. However, Solution Focused Therapy is hope catching and hope implicit. Using Solution Focused language and asking Solution Focused questions ignites hope and creates a shift toward feeling better, coping better and not giving up.
Learning to use pre-suppositions and adding pre-suppositions in your client conversation reflections, creates hope. Building the confidence to tackle difficult conversations is a necessary and vital skill in the aftermath of a pandemic.
This webinar will share fantastic attention shifting and hope catching questions to ask a client. My best hope is that this webinar empowers all therapists to work confidently and impactfully with clients in distress.
Aims of the course:
- To contain clients that have given up and lost hope
- To use hope filled language
- To apply pre-suppositions
- To ask hope generating questions
- To shift the attention of the session toward resilience, strengths and coping
- To feel empowered and equipped to handle difficult conversations
- To become hope givers
- Become mindful of the questions you ask
- Be able to use pre-suppositions confidently
- Be confident enough to apply Solution Focused language in your work
- Be able to create hope despite the enormity of the pandemic
- Appreciate the value and importance of hope and optimism within themselves
- Henden, J. (2018) What it Takes to Thrive: Techniques for Severe Trauma and Stress Recovery. World Publishing
- Henden, J. (2017). Preventing Suicide: the Solution Focused Approach. Second edition. Wiley-Blackwell
- Froerer, A et al 2018: SFBT and clients managing trauma. Oxford University Press: New York