Webinar: Children Adjusting to Life during Covid-19: Applying the Kids’Skills Model to Learn New Skills
(2 CPD Points)
Date: 14 October 2020
Time: 15h00 – 17h00
Online via Zoom: A Zoom weblink will be provided. Join us from the convenience of your laptop, cellphone or tablet.
Can’t make it? You can still register, we will send you a link of the webinar recording and the short multiple choice form for your CPD points.
Presenter: Dr Jacqui von Cziffra-Bergs
Interview with: Dr Ben Furman (Finland) on Kids’Skills
Covid-19 has had a lasting and traumatic effect on our children. Children have been forced to adapt and adjust to so many new challenges. 2020 has forced children to learn new skills and interact in new ways.
Dr Ben Furman, renowned Solution Focused psychiatrist from Finland, will discuss how we can build on the new skills children have learned and how we can help children to turn these new skills into healthy behaviours moving forward.
Aims of the Webinar:
- Think about children as creative little people and not as disturbances that need to be medicated
- Help children to design attractive projects to learn skills
Outcomes of the Webinar:
- Convert children’s problems into learnable skills
- Build skills with children
- Engage all significant others in the therapeutic work
- Work with children in a creative manner
- Find pleasure from the work with children and youngsters and their families
Suggested Reading List:
- Furman, B 2016: Kids skills in Action: A Solution Focused Method of coaching children to overcome difficulties: Helsinki brief therapy Institute: Helsinki Finland
- Furman, B 2012: Solution Centred growth. Helsinki brief therapy Institute: Helsinki Finland