Recorded Webinar: Solution Focused Therapy and Depression during Covid-19: Using the iPhone as the iTherapist.
(2 CPD Points)
Date: 20 May 2020
Late Registration: You can still register, we will send you a link for the webinar video and the short multiple choice form for your CPD points.
Presenter: Dr Jacqui von Cziffra-Bergs
Interviews with: Esther de Wolf (Netherlands) and Guy Shennan (United Kingdom) on using the cellphone in online and face to face therapy.
Covid-19 has affected us all and is leaving a path of depression and fear. All our clients are currently experiencing some form of depression and are feeling stuck in a state of hopelessness, where the future looks bleak and the past is full of dreaded moments. However, the terrible hopelessness is not always present. There are always moments when things are a little better, a moment where things have been a little more hopeful. In today’s world all our clients have cell-phones, in actual fact; we use our cell phones as an extension of ourselves. This webinar will focus on how to incorporate the cell phone into your session with a client experiencing depression. We will explore using Solution Focused Therapy principles and incorporating them with the technology on the phone to find goals and hope. Our special guest Esther de Wolf a leading Solution Focused clinician in the Netherlands will share her creative ideas with us on how to incorporate the phone into your sessions, whether online or face to face.
The cellphone is an under-utilized resource and can add valuable information to your session. This is a funky, creative and technological savvy webinar that focuses on techniques to help clients deal with their lives differently.
Aims of the Webinar:
- Discuss basic principles Solution Focused Therapy
- Use the smart phone or cell phone as a resource in therapy
- Explore using photographs on the client’s phone as exceptions of coping and feeling better
- Use music as a reminder of strengths and goals
- Utilize the phone as a visual aid to guide and support clients through depression.
Outcomes of the Webinar:
On completion of the webinar the participants will be able to:
- Understand the principles of Solution Focused Therapy
- Uncover strengths and exceptions on the client’s phone despite depression
- Uncover goals and preferred futures with clients through using resources on their phone
- Utilize technology as a therapeutic aid
Suggested Reading List:
- Froerer, A et al 2018: SFBT and client managing trauma. Oxford University Press: New York
- von Cziffra-Bergs, J 2018: Creative Solution Building. Solution Focused Institute of South Africa: Johannesburg