Webinar: NEW IDEAS AND INSIGHTS INTO SOLUTION FOCUSED BRIEF THERAPY – The Next Generation
(2 CPD Points)
Guest Speaker: Dr Mark McKergow
Date: 22 June 2022
Time: 16h00 – 18h00
Online via Zoom: Join us from the convenience of your laptop, cellphone or tablet.
Can’t make it? Register anyway, we will send you a video link of the webinar recording and you still get your CPD points.
CPD Certificate: Complete a short multiple choice Q&A Form to receive your certificate.
Presenter: Dr Jacqui von Cziffra-Bergs
Solution Focused Brief Therapy has evolved and changed over the last 35 years, not only in how it is being applied but also where we are using it. Solution Focused Brief Therapy is now a common modality being used in therapy, coaching, social work and schools and it is being applied differently by the new generation of SFBT practitioners. Dr Mark McKergow has just published a fabulous new book on SFBT called “The next Generation of Solution Focused Practice” and in this webinar I will be reviewing this incredible book and also interviewing Dr McKergow to hear about his insights on what the next generation of SFBT looks like. In this webinar Dr McKergow will be discussing his ideas of how we have changed from the ‘shrinks’ of psychiatry to world-stretchers that aim to adjust our clients’ relationship and interaction with the world around them. Dr McKergow will also be discussing the new generation of SFBT practitioners that use a structured process during therapy. In his book he discusses the Solution Focused process utilizing the analogy of walking through an art gallery as proposed by Chris Iveson.
Aims of the workshop:
- To discuss new developments in SFBT
- To discuss the concept of stretching our clients worlds rather than shrinking the problem
- Illustrate the Solution Focused process
- Discuss the 4 rooms within the solution focused process
Outcomes of the workshop:
On completion of the workshop the participants will be able to:
- Understand new insights into SFBT
- Appreciate the importance of stretching a client’s world
- Utilise the Solution Focused process creatively
- Mckergow, M 2021: The next generation of solution focused practice. Routledge: London
- von Cziffra-Bergs, J 2018: Creative Solution Building. Solution Focused Institute of South Africa: Johannesburg