Webinar: The Solution Focused Ethical Checklist of Online Therapy during Covid-19
(3 Ethics CPD Points)
Date: 22 July 2020
Time: 15h00 – 17h00
Online via Zoom: A Zoom weblink will be provided. Join us from the convenience of your laptop, cellphone or tablet.
Can’t make it? You can still register, we will send you a link of the webinar recording and the short multiple choice form for your CPD points.
Presenter: Dr Jacqui von Cziffra-Bergs
Covid-19 has changed everything and has forced us to move our practices online. Choosing to practice as a health care practitioner is a lifelong journey of staying ethical and mindful of what is best for our clients. For many of us online therapy is new and different and we need to be mindful of our behaviour, language and approach on any virtual platform. In the book “Creative Solution Building: Solution Focused Brief Therapy across Southern Africa” the last chapter concludes with a Creative Solution Building Checklist that asks us questions to keep us ethically mindful of our clients and our approach. This Webinar is based on the last chapter of this book and discusses the 5 pillars of Solution Building as proposed by the European Brief Therapy association.
In order to stay Solution Focused, ethical and respectful to our clients I have designed a checklist of questions we need to answer as practitioners to keep us ethically on track and safe. This Webinar proposes that we first discuss the five pillars of Solution Focused Brief work namely a collaborative stance, a resource-based stance, a goal orientated stance, a hopeful future orientated stance. The Webinar aims at utilizing a collaborative group activities that will ensure that we reflect on our own practices and look at how we are adhering to these principles and how ethical we are toward our clients and our approach. This Webinar has both a theoretical component as well as a self-reflective experience.
- Discuss what the term ‘best interest of our clients’ means
- Understand the 5 pillars of the Solution Focused Stance
- Compare the Solution Focused Stance to the ethical code of conduct of the HPCSA
- Provide a comprehensive checklist for therapists to keep them ethical and Solution Focused
Outcomes of the Webinar:
After the completion of the Webinar participants should be able to:
- Understand the principles of Solution Focused Therapy
- Implement the ethical principles of a Solution Focused Stance
- Work in an ethical manner that serves the best interest of the client
- Reflect and evaluate their ethical conduct through a comprehensive ethics checklist
Suggested Reading List:
von Cziffra-Bergs, J: 2018 Creative Solution Building. Solution Focused Institute of South Africa: Johannesburg