WO1. Solution Talking: Learning Solution Focused Therapy Language.
Adapting your language to find the clients strengths and make therapy more positive and strength based.
(10 CPD Psychology Points)
Click the play button in the image above to view the workshop intro video
Workshop Duration: Approximately 10 hours. 8 Weeks is provided to complete the workshop.
Place: Online workshop at www.solutionfocusedsa.com
Price: R980 excl. VAT
CPD Psychology Points: 10
Presenter: Dr J. von Cziffra-Bergs
The principles of Solution Focused Therapy invite the practitioner to look at their clients in a very positive and resourceful way. As soon as you start viewing and considering your client as a strong, resourceful person that is coping you automatically start to change your language and the questions you ask in therapy. This mindset also alters the way in which you view yourself as therapist and ultimately enhances the relationship you build with the client and the therapeutic process. This online workshop will enable the practitioner to earn 10 CPD Psychology points whilst still working in their practice. It is an interactive experiential workshop that includes an hour lecture, a Solution Focused Therapy article to read, a workbook with practical exercises and a questionnaire to be filled in.
Aims of the Workshop
- To introduce the practitioner to the basic principles and beliefs Solution Focused Therapy has about clients
- To introduce the idea that clients are resourceful, capable, strong and not victims
- To give the practitioner the theory on a strength based view of a client
- To allow the practitioner the opportunity to practice the language of strength based talk with a client
- To guide the practitioner to building a relationship with the client and not the problem
- To teach the practitioner new ways of questioning and guiding the client to solutions